Friday, January 16, 2015

Sleep Sack Attack!!

Nadia wanted to model the first one I made back in the Fall. 
Madilyn on the other hand, did not want to sit still for a moment. 

This time I made a few changes that made the sack much easier to put on.  An opening by the zipper. 


As you can see, I am NOT a photographer!!! Especially on rainy days...sigh. 
I used a straight stitch on the binding this time.  

I can make this in 2 hours.  REAL easy if you have basic sewing skills.  The fleece makes a liner totally unnecessary.  

The girls don't seem to mind watching the rain and the birds. 
You will be seeing more of these sacks lately as this little stinker has discovered how to undo the zipper, hope out of bed and give her mother a work out.  But!! I have an idea of what to do about it!! 
(IF I have time, as I have another HUGE project in the works right now that I will share in about a month.)  I discovered if I put her front zippered sleep sack on BACKWARDS - she can not reach it.  
I was laughing triumphantly when I put her to bed yesterday.  Problem is - it barely fits her.  
I share have to sew her one and design it with a zipper on the back.  If I get desperate I will be looking for these - anyone ever seen them?  Surely I am not the only Mom with jumpers?? 

Sleep in heavenly peace my little one, sleep in heavenly peace.  
Thank you LORD for energetic, spirited and healthy children who keep me hopping!!! 
Life would be boring otherwise.  

1 comment:

  1. Gloria,
    I used to make sleep sacks for the kids when they were younger. I always put the zipper at the back to that they could not take it off. I also made legs so they could walk. If you want instructions, I could probably write them out.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete